Office of the Bishop Staff
The purpose of the Office of the Bishop is to build up the Body of Christ by serving, supporting and expanding the mission of the Episcopal Church in Colorado through the ministry of the Office of the Bishop. The Office of the Bishop plays a subsidiary role in the life and ministry of the diocese, serving the mission of the Church by providing those resources that every congregation needs but cannot provide in and of itself (the principle of subsidiarity), and by linking every congregation in the diocese with the life and ministry of the wider Church on a diocesan, national, and international level.
The priorities of the staff in the Office of the Bishop are:
- strategic leadership training & support
- evangelism and congregational development
- Christian formation for all ages.
The core values of the staff of the Office of the Bishop are:
- Holding one another individually and our work collectively in daily prayer,
- Encouraging one another as brothers and sisters in Christ,
- Providing competent, effective service to the clergy and lay leadership of the diocese to help them grow in faith and serve their congregations and communities in the Name of Christ,
- Inspiring trust by being responsive and reliable servant leaders, and by conducting ourselves with integrity and transparency.