What’s Happening: Upcoming Events
Asset-Based Community Development Workshops
Do you want to increase your impact in the community? Do you want to learn and bring to life the gifts and dreams of your community? If so, the Office of the Bishop is pleased to invite you into the work of Asset-Based Community Development or ABCD. We are offering an array of workshops to introduce and deepen understanding of the core concepts and practices of ABCD.
These workshops, when possible, will include our full facilitation team of Anthony Suggs (Diocesan Director of Advocacy and Social Justice), Paul Alexander (Diocesan Missioner for Development and Financial Stewardship), and Mike Green (published author on ABCD and community organizer with 30+ years of experience). Please contact us at email@example.com to set up one of the following workshops for your faith community. We recommend starting with an introductory workshop and then following up with a continuing workshop:
- “ABCD 101”: learn the basics of ABCD including asset mapping, learning conversations, and radical welcome. 2.5 hours or half-day.
- “ABCD in Practice”: spend time learning and practicing essential elements of ABCD. Participants will leave with a full understanding of assets, asset mapping, and learning conversations and how to connect them all together in meaningful action and relationship. Half-day or full-day.
- “Community Organizing With ABCD”: learn how to fully implement ABCD as a community organizing tool with in-depth practice and planning. 2.5 hours.
- “Asset Mapping”: take deep look at the assets of your faith community, neighborhood, and broader community in this hands-on workshop. 2.5 hours.
- “Welcoming the Stranger”: learn who is on the “outside” both within your faith community and in your neighborhood and identify practices to build radical welcome into your life as a congregation. 2.5 hours.