Formation Resources for Faithful Community
Faith Formation Resources:
- Discover, Embrace, Become: Discover, Embrace Become is the Episcopal Church in Colorado’s modern-day catechumenate. It is available as as a hybrid model, with all gatherings and communications happening online. Participants come together weekly for an in-person gathering via Zoom and communicate between sessions using the Canvas online learning system. Faith Formation staff are available to train group mentors.
- ChurchNext: ChurchNext provides engaging and convenient online learning from Episcopal experts on liturgy, evangelism, welcome, discipleship, stewardship, and other important topics. To help individuals and congregations stay rooted and grounded in Jesus during the Corona Virus pandemic ChurchNext has launched Prayer and Worship in Our Homes, a free five-course class open to anyone who would like to take it.
- Just launched, ChurchNext’s course A Covid-19 Spiritual Survival Kit For Individuals and For Groups features four well-known presenters: James Farwell, Stephanie Spellers, Dorothy Linthicum, and Bonnie Perry. This course is being offered free of charge.
- Forward Movement’s Good Book Club initiative invites organizations of all kinds to read a particular book of the Bible throughout a liturgical season. This Easter, the Good Book Club is reading the Gospel of Matthew. Learn more >
- Virginia Theological Seminary is offering a wealth of resources and learning opportunities relating to today’s pandemic and beyond. For an overview, check out their March Continuing Education Newsletter.
Faith Formation Zoom Meeting
On Thursday, March 19, we held a Zoom meeting to discuss Faith Formation resources. View the Zoom meeting video